Tuesday, April 13, 2010

12,000 Words for April 2010

It's 12 of 12 time! If you don't know what it is, check out creator Chad Darnell's blog for the skinny. This month's collection features a lot of bunching and bad jokes/puns. Just be prepared.

7:44 a.m. - Blergh.


Time to get going. Oy.


8:51 a.m. - Mom's words of encouragement.


My mom sent me a very sweet, very silly text message that made me laugh. She's as big of a dork as I am. Can't wait to see her (and all of my parents) in Monterey in a couple of weeks.


9:04 a.m. - The Haul.

Looking at the sheer amount of crap that had to go down to my car. My computer/work bag. My bag of snacks and lunches for the week. Two boxes of cupcakes. My purse. And, not shown, my gym bag.


12:41 p.m. - Prepping.


Reading a treatment before my staff meeting starts. Excuse the hoodie -- it's cold in my office! There's no excuse for the hair...


3:01 p.m. - Checking for messages.


After getting out of our epic staff meeting, I had to check to see if I had any messages from a certain (818) number. I had nothing. At all.


7:24 p.m. - Poquito Mas-ome.

Thanks to a suggestion from my mom, a quick, healthy dinner before heading west. Plus, I had leftovers for lunch today. Traditional vegetarian burrito with pinto beans and no salsa (cut in half, please) for the win!


7:54 p.m. - Rite Aid.

Had to make a last minute stop on my way to O'Brien's. No, I did not purchase a blond wig or fashion Contact paper into a mini-skirt. I can not promise that I didn't use a Southern accent, though. And if you don't know what I'm referencing, you should be ashamed of yourself. That's right. I said it.


8:45 p.m. - You have a book! In a bar!

Getting some not-really-light-but-still-very-enjoyable reading in before my trivia team members arrive. I'm not okay with how puffy my fingers look.


9:51 p.m. - Cheers!

Or, as we say at pub trivia, SOCIAL! I've been thinking about setting up this shot all week and it turned out as awesome as I'd hoped.


11:39 p.m. - Oh, L.A.

Traffic backed up at the 10E/110N interchange. At nearly midnight. Per the SigAlert (that I did not check in my car...honest!), there was a silver Kia involved in an accident.


11:59 p.m. - Burning off a picture.

I realized that it was 11:59 and I still lacked two of my twelve pictures. Sorry for the bunching... And the ridiculous face!


12:00 midnight - Night shirt.


This is the only swag I kept from WonderCon. I have no desire to see Inception, but a shirt that says "Dream Machine" just seems perfect for pajamas in the same way that I had the posters for Sleepless in Seattle and While You Were Sleeping hanging over my bed in college.


Have a great week, all!

5 comments:

The Wonder Worrier said...

Oh, I know what you're referencing. Were you able to talk your way into a group of Frat Girls to avoid being 'seen'? HOPE SO.

I enjoy 12 of 12. If I actually carried my camera with me, I'd so do this. But I always forget. LOL!

Liz said...

Did the Breeders play in the background? Because that would've been AWESOME.

Dogeared said...

And a Brit gets the reference! :D

Love the cheers shot, it's great!

Chad Darnell said...

Love your pics!

TJ said...

Soe nice 12 of 12 photos. I especially liked the glasses from the bar. Anyway, thanks for sharing and I look forward to next months photos.