Saturday, August 29, 2009

HOME SWEET HOME

So this past week, I purchased a new toy for myself...

A few years back, I bought an Olympus digital camera. Now, I not the unklutziest of people and have dropped the thing a couple of times. As a result, if I even do so much as breathe while taking a picture with it, the picture is blurry. Image stability FAIL. I did find that if braced the camera against something solid, I had better luck with my shots, but who wants to constantly do that? "Not I," said the Little Red Hen.

Fast forward to last week. Given that we had just hit the four-months-'til-Christmas mark, I knew that it was only a matter of time before my parents start asking me for a Christmas List. One thing that I thought of was a new digital camera. I did some online research and found one that intrigued me. On Monday night, I stopped into Best Buy to do some research for a project and to check the camera out. Um, well, um... It was on sale and I went ahead and bought it for myself. A Canon PowerShot SD960 IS. 12.0 megapixels. HD video. I'm in love. I think I shall name it. It has to be an 'M' name, given that my car is "Marcie" and my iPhone is "Mildred." Any suggestions?

ANYWAYS.

This post will mark the transition from Olympus to the new Canon. I recently finished up a collection of photos taken around my neighborhood -- Silver Lake, Echo Park, and Los Feliz. All of the photos were taken by my old Olympus. So in her honor, I give you "THE NEIGHBORHOOD."


For what it's worth, I will not be getting rid of my Olympus, not because I anticipate choosing to use it over my new one, but because I would feel horrible if I did banish it from my home. Much like my car and my childhood stuffed animals, the camera has feelings and I'd hate to do anything that would cause it emotional turmoil -- especially after I unintentionally dropped it on its head so many times.

Last night, while at the Franz Ferdinand concert at The Palladium, I took video with the new toy. Because it's literally going to take another four hours to finish uploading to YouTube, that'll have to be the next post. I know you're just dying of excitement. (And this is where I hold up my "SARCASM" sign, Leonard-style.)

Everyone have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: