Wednesday, August 12, 2009

13 of 12 for August 2009.

It's August 12, 2009. How in the hey-hey did it get to be August already? Before we know it, it'll be time for me to start Christmas shopping. It is just around the corner, after all. (Bite my tongue, I know, I know...)

But yes, it's August 12. That means it's time for 12 of 12. Check out creator Chad Darnell's site for more information and to see entries from all over the world. This thing has taken off like crazy the last couple of years!

So without further adieu (because I'm exhausted and ready for sleep), here are my 12-ish pics:

7:46 a.m. - Lead me not into temptation...


Why does my bed have to look so inviting when I've just managed to pull myself out of it? Today was especially torturous.

8:07 a.m. - Putting on my face.


My make-up/medicine cabinet. If you can't tell, I like Clinique. I'm fairly certain I am still suffering the effects of Fetal Clinique Syndrome, as that's all my mother has worn as long as I've known her.

9:05 a.m. - Sneaky, sneaky.


After the horrible-no-good-very-bad-uncomfortable incident on Saturday afternoon in which a man from the halfway house across the street proceeded to run across the street when my car pulled up and stand in front of the stairs waiting on me to get out of my car, I now check outside to mentally prepare myself in case I see him. He's usually sitting on the curb of the median smoking a cigarette in the mornings. He wasn't there today.

9:25 a.m. - The Wilford Brimley School of Translation.


I'm sorry, but that's what the guy on that sign looks like. It's Wilford Brimley in a mortarboard. I wonder if he teaches students how to say "diabetes." This is one of my favorite things to see on my commute to work down Olympic in the morning.

9:59 a.m. - New Workspace.


My office recently did musical chairs with cubicles and offices and I ended up in this one. I love it for many reasons, not the least of which because I have a wall that I can hang my Old Hollywood picture on. I just love how cozy and classy that looks. Special cameo appearance by the Casa Descanso orchid. It was doing camera check for the orchid I'll be purchasing this weekend.

1:27 p.m. - Off to the gym.


Because I had an event to go to this evening, I went to the gym over my lunch break. On the left side of the picture, you can see some people beside a tree. It was protestors in a labor dispute. Those "Shame On _____!" banners always make me laugh, which I'm sure is not the intended response.

2:53 p.m. - When your mind's made up...


I was delighted to see a link from NPR on my Facebook page for a Swell Season "Tiny Desk" concert. I had no idea they have a new album coming out in October. Now I'm really excited.

5:37 p.m. - CHEEZ-ITS!


Okay, I know this probably negates all the "brownie points" I earned by going to the gym, but I wanted -- nay, I needed -- some Cheez-Its. Okay, I needed something un-sweet and I decided on Cheez-Its. Whatever. They're good and they're my writing snack. Not that I had time today to even think about writing...

6:54 p.m. - Did I really just see that?!?! WTF, CW?!


Unfortunately, you can't really tell in this picture due to size, but that poster totally says "TUESDAY'S THE NEW HUMPDAY." I managed to find the poster online here. Wow, CW. That's...that's wow.

7:11 p.m. - Screw you guys, I'm going home!


My boss graciously gave me his ATAS invitation for the Evening With the Family Guy thing in Hollywood tonight. I thought it was going to be a smaller, more-intimate event like the other Academy events I've gone to. The location of this event was practically at the corner of Vine and Selma. I'm not kidding you when I say the line stretched from the theatre all the way down Vine and around the corner half a block down Hollywood Blvd. I stood in line for fifteen minutes or so and then decided to give up and walked all the way back to the Palladium to get my car.

8:17 p.m. - When life throws you lemons, eat Lebanese food!


And by "lemons," I mean that my poor roomie is sick with the flu from Hell. I dropped her off at Kaiser's Urgent Care and then dropped into Zankou Chicken for a Chicken Tarna Wrap and some hummus. (But no beets. BLECH.)

9:59 p.m. - Wine and Hardison, er, I mean Leverage.


Look! I even caught Hardison in the picture! This is my favorite show of the summer and has very quickly made it up on my list of dream shows to work on.

10:45 p.m. - WINE. (Special Bonus Pic)


I'm only including this one because I took an extra one and I like it. So there. I'm going to bed.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Lebanese food and Hardison, man. That is a good, good evening, no matter what happened earlier (creepy across-the-street guy!).

Chad Darnell said...

Love your pics. Don't love the creepy guy!

xoxo
-C

Dogeared said...

That's one classy looking desk! I love the photo up there and the orchid. I wish my desk were as nice.

Lipp said...

Nice '12, I pass that Wilford Brimley school all the time!