Sunday, August 15, 2010

12 of 12: August 2010

Late, but not quite as late as last month... It's 12 of 12 time!

12:56 a.m. - I love my life.

Started August 12 off at Warner Brothers Studios. This was taken as I headed back to my car after a long, but wonderful, night. Thanks, Norm!


9:08 a.m. - Off to work.
My shadow as I walk across the median on my street to my car.


10:40 a.m. - Breakfast.


A breakfast sandwich from The Stand. This is the first time on Thursday that I'd feel disgusting. I had ordered a simple bagel and cream cheese, but they were out of cream cheese. I ended up opting for the same thing Kyle had ordered. Tasty, but gross.


1:55 p.m. - One good decision.

I decided to be "good" and eat one of my Lean Cuisines for lunch. First, I had to find it...


3:14 p.m. - Unsolicited laughs.

Every now and then, we'll get unsolicited e-mails/query letters via mail. This one had a teaser on the outside of the envelope that made me giggle. Marlys is my Nana's name -- and the envelope came from her native Minnesota. I was tickled for a few hours. (I'm not allowed to open them, so I had to pass it on to business affairs.)


7:47 p.m. - Objects in the side-view mirror may be grosser than they appear.

I'd had a hankerin' for McNuggets for a couple of days, so I decided to treat myself. Yummy, but I almost immediately started to feel disgusting. I think I've hit my McDonald's quota for the next 243 days or so.


8:15 p.m. - Terror Babies?

This is the fancy pants McDonald's near Century City, which explains the TV. They had Anderson Cooper on and the whole interview was pretty darn disturbing, even with no sound. I mean, subject matter, yeah, but the interview subject was acting crazy and combative.


8:35 p.m. - La Cienega just failed.

Traffic was still crappy at 8:30 at night. It could have been worse, but as you can see on my dashboard, I was only going 33 miles per hour. In a 65-70 mile per hour zone. Like Ricky Bobby, I like to go fast!


9:04 p.m. - My shadow returns home.

We saw my shadow as I left for work. This is the slightly more exhausted -- and disgusting-feeling from dinner -- shadow as I returned home.


10:30 p.m. - When it rains, it pours.

Maybe it's just something that happens to me, but I seem to run out of things at the same time. It's both frustrating and expensive. The latest be added to the list of things to be replaced is my make-up remover. Darn it anyway.


11:05 p.m. - Polka dots!

Packing up my work bag for the next day. This is the case for my laptop. I love it -- probably because it reminds me of my Lite Brite from back in the day.


11:06 p.m. - Though his mind is not for rent, don't put him down as arrogant.

Rush's "Tom Sawyer" came up on shuffle as I was about to turn out the light. It was an interesting little bookend.


Have a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

Dogeared said...

I wonder what Marlys really does want, now?

Sorry I’m late commenting – my own 12 only went up on the 16th lol, as I was visiting friends. But better late than never for posting and commenting ;-)

JCB said...

it's been a long, long time since I have seen traffic like that!