Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm going to Kyle it.

My friend Kyle has a way with verbs. Well, he has a way with all words, but verbs in particular. There was a stretch of three days this week where I heard him verbify a different noun each day. Only Kyle can find new and exciting uses for the words or phrases "puberty," "Banff," and "Iran hostage crisis."

(Side note -- every time I type "Iran hostage crisis," I catch myself typing "Iraan hostage crisis." You can take the girl out of West Texas...)

Can you use the word in a sentence? Why yes, yes I can...

"He pubertied into a strapping young man." This is actually a variation on the actual sentence used when we saw -- or thought we saw -- another member of the Boy Meets World cast at The Stand in Century City.

"I just want to Banff that person like there's no tomorrow." Anyone whose boss has ever attended Banff Television Conference knows that just the mention of that quaint little Canadian resort during one month in the summer can drive a person to the Thirdway House. It's a scheduling nightmare. Lovely place that I would love to visit, but it's still a freaking nightmare.

"I'm going to 'Iran hostage crisis' them into giving me Lifetime Movie Network and Game Show Network for free." Word for word. Kyle was calling his cable or satellite provider. Note to self: ask him how that went.

On a side note, I can't recommend Mo's in Burbank enough. Eat there. OFTEN.

No comments: