Friday, May 29, 2009

The last time I freaked out, I just kept looking down, st-st-st-stuttering...

You guys, it's been a good week. It's been one of the coolest, most surreal weeks I've had in a few years. I can't get into too many details because doing that might involve unintentionally spilling the beans on a project at work. (And I like being on Business Affairs' good side, thank you very much.) But I can be vague.

Well, first of all, it started off awesomely because I had Monday off of work. Short weeks are always a plus. Plus, Maleficent's mom bought the apartment a new vacuum cleaner and I can't tell you how much joy the hour I spent vacuuming my bedroom floor brought me. (I wish I was kidding.) But then there was Wednesday...

Oh, Wednesday...

On Wednesday, I got to sit in on another meeting with one of my childhood heroes. I actually think I had a wee bit of a crush on him back in sixth grade. Not only that, but my boss asked me to bake cupcakes for this meeting.

I made cupcakes. For my childhood hero.

The best part is that this guy is super awesome fantastic. It's a sitting-in-a-room-with-my-dad kind of normal, which kind of makes perfect sense since they both hail from the same geographic area. I wonder if when he says "wash," it comes out "worsh." I may have to ascertain that at the next meeting.

There were leftover cupcakes once the meeting was done, so people from work grabbed them up. That afternoon, someone asked if I was willing to bake and sell them some cupcakes. This, of course, takes me one step closer to my eventual goal of supporting myself through baking and writing. That was my first sale ever and I might have been even more excited about that than the meeting itself. Might have.


And then yesterday, after running some errands in Santa Monica, I stopped into the Subway across from Santa Monica College. There was some kind of promotion going on for Land of the Lost (which I may see just to hear Will Ferrell scream "Matt Lauer can SUCK it!") -- and Michael Strahan and Zachary Levi were there. I go in for a turkey and avocado sandwich and come out with a picture with Chuck Freaking Bartowski. Sadly, I felt kind of like a spaz because I started talking really fast and turning pink and...that's never good. But he couldn't have been nicer to Spazzy McSpazzerson and I think I might have skipped a little bit on the walk back to my car. And I think I might have a little bit of a crush.

My mom pointed out that I didn't spaz with Childhood Hero, so why did I spaz at Subway? I think it all has to do with Home Field Advantage and context. Childhood Hero was in my office and it was work-related. The Subway incident was most definitely not on my turf and was not work-related. And my blood sugar was low.

Shut up. IT WAS.

Oh. Crap.

I just realized something -- I was being Miley.

(Like the song says, I'll redeem myself next time.)

But yes. It was a spaztacularly good week. I declare it MADE OF WIN.


Pretty Song of the Day: "Girls On the Square" - Dent May & His Magical Ukelele. Yes, I know this is the second Dent May of the week. Deal with it.

No comments: