Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quite possibly the most boring 12 of 12 EVER.

Sorry, y'all. I'm serious. There's a lot of time on the computer(s), some rehashed shots, and a bit of bunching. Still, it was a pretty good day. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

(Confused about what 12 of 12 is? Check out Chad's blog, yo.)

6:49 a.m. - Coziness.

Well, I was supposed to get up by 6:15 to get ready to head to the gym, but that didn't happen. My music on my alarm clock wasn't loud enough, I guess. So, at 6:49 a.m., I woke up, snapped a picture and went back to sleep for 45 minutes. It was kind of awesome. I do love how cozy my bedroom is.


8:50 a.m. - Last minute Twitter check.

(Yes, I know I've used a similar shot at least once. Sorry.) There was some news on my feed that made me smile as I left. Also, my computer is pretty. Two years later and I'm still in love.


9:13 a.m. - Detour?!

Thankfully, it was a pretty one. It even has a couple of bonus four-way stops! They're (finally) repaving Robinson St., so I had to cut down the hill via Micheltorrena. This took me by one of my favorite spots in my neighborhood -- an empty lot with one heckuva view. (Look! It's downtown!) This place is especially inspirational at night when lights are twinkling and you're listening to Loney Dear's "I Was Only Going Out." (Side note: I really want them to play Loney Dear music every time James Loney is announced at the Dodger games. Though I suppose that's not exactly jock-worthy. Whatevs.)


10:45 a.m. - Organizing.

Organization is important. Even on the computer. There is such a thing as e-clutter.


12 noon - It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Emmy screener time!


1:06 p.m. - This is my life.

Long story long, my boss had a notes meeting at 1 p.m. The place where I ordered food from usually insists that customers allow 45 minutes for delivery. So, I ordered food at 12:15 p.m. Guess what time the food showed up? 12:30. So, once the person my boss was meeting with arrived, I found myself in the kitchen, taking hamburger patties off of buns, placing them on disposable plates, and reheating food in the microwave. If you're keeping score at home, this is my boss' veggie burger patty making the rounds (bah-dum-CHING!) in the microwave.


4:39 p.m. - Taking care of business.

Had to send this out to someone yesterday. That is all. These aren't the droids you're looking for. They're free to go about their business. Move along.


5:11 p.m. - Nearly-free tea.

My mom bought me Santa brought me one of those delightful ceramic Starbucks cups for Christmas. (How cute is the striped straw?) I love it because I get a discount when I go downstairs for my afternoon shaken-black-iced-tea-no-sweetener. Somehow, it only cost me 50 cents yesterday! 'Manda likey.


7:02 p.m. - Collaborate and listen!

On my way to my car in the parking garage at work. I've been waiting all week to take this picture.


7:35 p.m. - Old Hollywood.

Sorry for the bunching, but things were pretty on my commute last night and I wanted to take a picture. This is Santa Monica Blvd. at Cole in Hollywood.


7:49 p.m. - Zankouuuuu!

I think this is (at least) the third time Zankou has made its way into my 12-of-12 pictures. I'm sensing a pattern. Anyway, because I'd had a good day, Allison and I decided to have some celebratory take-out for dinner.


10:01 p.m. - My writing cocoon.

Man, I really need to straighten up my room. Hello there, jammies.


One last thing: This song rocks my life. I've heard it two days in a row on Morning Becomes Eclectic. It. Is. Awesome. (Are you shocked to know that Sleigh Bells are on M.I.A.'s label?)

Have a great weekend, all!

4 comments:

Razorback said...

Oooh, oooh! I know that script! :)

moye said...

I want that Starbucks cup!!! I didn't know they made one for their iced drinks.

Amanda Mason said...

Yes you do know that script, Magnus! And I still have your e-mail about it for when I need a pick-me-up.

Moye, I thought they'd discontinued making these things, but when I went to the Starbucks at Glendale/Fletcher tonight, they have a huge display. They even have a Venti size now. I seriously think this is one of my favorite Christmas gifts...

Dogeared said...

Food arriving early is as bad as arriving late! I had a lunch order turn up at 9:30am once... you had to pick 9-12 or 12-2, and they couldn't guarantee it'd be nearer the 12 than the 2 (and we needed it for 12:30).

So we ordered the earlier slot - ad it came at 9:30am! I had to cram the management fridge with as much as I could, hide the rest in the communal fridge, and people have room temp drinks (which were still pretty cool as they'd been packed together and kept cool).