Saturday, September 12, 2009

12 of 12 - September 2009

12:16 a.m. - Being nosy.

One of my favorite TV shows was filming in my office's courtyard Friday evening. After dinner, my roomies and I went back up to my office to watch what all was going on. We were there a while -- ah, the hurry-up-and-wait nature of television.


8:15 a.m. - Caaaaable guy!

The Dish Network guy was supposed to be here between 8 a.m. and noon and he showed up at 8 on the dot. Because the standard def receiver is in Allison's room, she moved her base of operations into my room.


10:23 a.m. - It's so beautiful!

HD Dish hooked up. Basking in the TV's high definition brilliance.


12:41 p.m. - Chinese dumplings. Om nom nom.

Pork dumplings. Pork and crab dumplings. Shanghai rice cakes. Broccoli. I love Din Tai Fung so much.


1:19 p.m. - Baked goods. Om nom nom.

Perusing the Chinese bakery in the same strip mall as Din Tai Fung. It smelled amazing and I ended up buying half a loaf of bread to go with lunch tomorrow.


2:04 p.m. - Nap time!

The only solution for food coma and early-to-riseness on a Saturday is an afternoon nap. Kids don't know what they're missing out on when they throw a fit about having to take a nap.


5:03 p.m. - Raider! Power!

Listening to the Texas Tech football game over the Internet -- and reading the comment thread at the Raider Power forums.


8:27 p.m. - Out for a walk.

I've lived in the neighborhood for four years and I'm still completely charmed.


9:15 p.m. - Visiting my friend Ralph.

Or, as he's known in other parts of the country: Kroger.


9:44 p.m. - Late dinner.

Turkey and brie sandwiches for the roomies and I to eat while watching Iron Chef America.


11:23 p.m. - Watching DVR in my room. Because I can.

Because we have a dedicated HD receiver in the living room now, the old standard definition was hooked up to the TV in my room. This is great for my embarrassingly lackluster television-viewing habits.


11:41 p.m. - Getting some writing in before midnight.

Gotta love a good bar scene, no?


2 comments:

Lipp said...

Nice '12. Football & dumplings ...can't go wrong. I need to eat more dumplings.

Dogeared said...

Mmmm, Chinese food... want some now!

Sorry I’m late in replying! I only got my own 12 of 12 up on Thursday!

Helen (Dogeared)